As you’ve seen on this website, Rockit Results has many services that drive traffic to your website. Unfortunately, all the traffic in the world won’t help grow your business or nonprofit if it doesn’t convert; in other words, visitors aren’t helpful if they don’t convert to leads, buyers, or donors. So how do you get them to convert? Well, in my digital marketing experience, I’ve come across several tools that I highly recommend:
1. Google Analytics – For those of us in the digital marketing industry, using Analytics to understand our bounce rates, conversion rates, and user engagement is a no-brainer. But for your average small business, GA and the jargon around it is a completely foreign language. Yes, it’s a little bit intimidating, but every small business should have an annual GA audit and analysis; just like your annual physical is critical for your body’s health, regularly checking your Analytics is critical for your business’s long-term success.
2. 40Nuggets – We’ve all seen lightboxes pop up on websites, and many of us find them annoying because they continue to bother us, or show offers that aren’t relevant. The technology behind 40Nuggets addresses those issues by creating a user-friendly interface and sophisticated calls-to-action that respond to the user’s activity. If you’re looking to expand your email list, get quick user feedback, or have your visitors take other quick actions, then 40Nuggets is for you. Here's what 40Nuggets looks like in action:
3. Visual Web Optimizer – Don’t have time to test? You can’t afford NOT to! Having strong A/B testing is critical for any business to understand what really resonates with your audience. VWO is my favorite of the many testing tools out there.
4. Unbounce – Want to launch a landing page quickly and easily? Unbounce is the best provider out there for simple landing pages that don’t require IT support.
5. White Papers – OK, while this isn’t exactly a tool, this is the standard free giveaway for most businesses because white papers work. If I’m searching for a service I don’t know much about, and you give me something that educates and enlightens me, I have no problem giving you my contact information. How you nurture me, online and via email, is a subject for another blog post. My main point is that, if your website isn’t converting, consider offering a piece of thought leadership as an incentive to convert that traffic.
I hope you’ve found these conversion optimization (CRO) tools. If you have other favorites, please list them below!